Open Position: Office Coordinator
Summary: This position will ensure that the organization’s office operations, fundraising activities, and garden events are efficient, accurate and smooth. The position works closely with board members, garden employees and volunteers. Twenty hours/week is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all mail, public inquiries, and routine correspondence in a prompt and professional manner.
- Maintain accurate and complete electronic and paper files of key documents
- Maintain a donor database and compile different mailing lists for fundraising
- Updated the garden website and social media account as needed
- Serve as liaison to Board of Directors, including announcing meetings, preparing minutes, and updating Board members’ list
- Translate Chinese documents into English
- Maintain office supplies and keep the office clean
- Ensure that thank you letters and membership renewals are accurate and prompt
- Assist in event planning and provide logistical support to garden events including annual summer event, peony festival, kite festival, and etc.
- Use mailchimp to send out emails for promoting garden events
- Recruit and train volunteers for garden events and programs
- Arrangement garden rental with potential clients
- Coordinate docent tours with docent coordinator
- Open and close the Garden gate
- Other duties as assigned by board members
Skill and requirements:
- Language: Mandarin, Cantonese and English
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.